Give Thanks

Give thanks with a greatful heart
Give thanks to the Holy One
Give thanks because He has given
Jesus Christ, His son

And now, let the weak say I am strong
Let the poor say I am rich
Because of what the Lord has done for us
Give thanks


Every year, around this time has me thinking of the abundance of blessings in my life. I am so thankful for the bigger things in my life that aren't meant to be minimized in this post, but now that we are nearing Thanksgiving, I start to think about the smaller things that I have to be thankful for. I've challenged myself to thank God every day this last month for something that I typically overlook. I've also challenged myself to not just be thankful but to also show my gratitude in some form. I have been given so much and it's so easy to look at where you've come from and tell yourself that you deserve all of the wealth you have now. But if we treat blessings and abundance as gifts and not rights we are much more likely to live a life of peace and humility. This new attitude has me much more pumped to do our yearly holiday charity event. I love serving our community and showing love to strangers. We've been given so much love, I jump at the opportunity to give some love back and count our blessings.

Have a beautiful Holiday!
Happy Thanksgiving!!


No comments:

Post a Comment