Jesse's Tutu Dance

Before I start this blog entry I want to add a disclaimer in here. I am not one of those people who dresses up their dog. Not on a regular basis, not for "necessity", not because it's darling... I find all of that ridiculous! BUT, we do have one outfit for Jesse and I decided to make a tutu for her so we can have matching tutu's for my birthday coming up on Sunday. Need? NO. Hilarious? Uhhmmm, ya. I am, however, one of those people who ADORES her dog. She is wonderful and I love her so much. Ok, before I continue to justify the doggone tutu, why don't I show you how to make one... for your human or canine friends/children.

First start with some elastic and measure how wide it needs to be to fit whoever you're putting it on. Sew the ends together. Next, cut some tulle into strips. I also used ribbon.

Wrap the tulle around the elastic and loop it through.
Keep doing that until the loop of elastic is full of tulle.
Here's Jesse's tutu and here is her happy dance to thank me for such a thoughtful gesture:

No comments:

Post a Comment