Cheese-less Pizza

I was craving pizza a couple of weeks ago and couldn't bring myself to get the dough whipped up until the other day. I used Giada De Laurentiis' recipe http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/pizza-dough-recipe/index.html. It's probably the easiest and yummiest dough recipe I've ever used.

Ok, dough done. Since I'm lactose intolerant, I prefer to whip a dairy free option together that can be happily and frequently eaten again and again. I had some pork roast sitting in my freezer that I defrosted over night and threw in the crock pot with a bottle of bbq sauce, onions, garlic, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Once I got home from work I removed the meat from the crock pot and used the leftover sauce to sautee some slivered onions, cabbage and green bell pepper. After the meat was shredded and the veggies were sauteed, I rolled out the dough, slathered it with a little bit of bbq sauce, loaded it,and popped it in to the oven for about 20 mins at 425, topped with chopped cilantro and there you have it. My version of a cheese-less, flavor-full pizza.

These are Jeremy's pieces, he topped them with ranch... Which has dairy in it...

Mine was delicious without dairy. I will absolutely be making this again!
















No comments:

Post a Comment