Southern Vacation

THE SOUTH (thee-sauth) noun.
The Place Where...
1. Tea is sweet and accents are sweeter
2. Summer starts in April
3. Mac and cheese is a vegetable
4. Front porches are wide and words are long
5. Pecan pie is a staple
6. Y'all is the only proper noun
7. Chicken is fried and biscuits come with gravy
8. Everything is darlin'
9. Someone's heart is always bein' blessed

Jeremy blessed me with a trip to see my sister in Birmingham, AL and my mother in Woodstock, GA. We had so much fun. With an itinerary filled with nothing but fun coupled with time spent with family, I'd say that this trip was one for the books. Here are some highlights:









And some beautiful landscape:



I love the South for so many reasons. The culture is significantly different than the Pacific NW.  I truly enjoyed the Southern hospitality, warm greetings, wonderful service, non-judgment, and acceptance. I appreciated the history, the sense of pride and beautiful landscape. I'm so thankful to have family to visit in such wonderful cities. I'm so thankful to have a husband who saw how much I missed my family, so he took action and did something about it.

To Momma, Robert, Cali, Hannah and Nathan,

I love you all so much. Thank you for a wonderful vacation. I miss everything about seeing you everyday.

Love,

T

1 comment:

  1. Awww looks and sounds like it was a ton of fun. So glad you guys got a chance to go :)

    ReplyDelete