Sunday Fun-Day

Yesterday, Jeremy and I enjoyed a day consisting of church, caulking the exterior window trim and a dinner/movie date night on the Oregon Coast.

I love days like this. Incohesive-ness with togetherness as  a common denominator. Productive and fun. 

I was excited to have the entire front of the house totally ready for pressure washing and paint by the end of the day, yesterday. Also, Jeremy was gifted a trip to a coastal restaurant as a thank you for building the stage that our good friends got married on, in July. So, we went to the coast to do our dinner and a movie date night. By the way, The Waterfront is delicious. I would strongly suggest trying it out, if you're in Florence, Or.

Commencing the day was our ever so inconsistent Sunday routine of attending a church service. Jeremy and I haven't made it to a service in over a month. Luckily, all of the teachings are available on Podcast for us to watch whenever we are able.  However, we need that fellowship with our church family. And, isn't it interesting, how God always knows what you need to hear/when you need to hear it? The teaching yesterday was out of James 5:7-11 titled "Patient Perseverance"  (click here for the archive of teachings). Pastor Wes was talking about how blessed we will be if we remain steadfast in the face of opposition and how bitterness toward your circumstance leads to bitterness toward one another. He stressed the point that God produces character in suffering and that we should stay the course in the midst of opposition. 
I loved the reference verses: Philippians 2:14-16 and 1 Peter 5:7.


I am so encouraged by the gentle challenges that our Pastor starts our weeks off with. How easy is it for us to find something to complain about in the midst of a trial, and be completely blind and forgetful of the things that God has blessed us with.

I think that November is a great month to re-route my train of thought to a more thankful and less complaining one. I tend to get very caught up in the what we don't have's and the what hasn't gotten done and the what I don't have time for. When in reality, I have a lot to be thankful for and many blessings.. the focus definitely needs to be redirected.

What are you thankful for?



No comments:

Post a Comment