'Cause baby when it's cold outside, you sand.

It was a frigid Thursday morning.


The kind of morning where everything seems to feel different...


Smell different...

Look different...

Sound different.

I woke up on Thursday to a thick blanket (6 inches thick, actually) of snow covering the city. (I know I'm from Central Oregon and 6" of snow is nothing to write home about, but in Eugene, it's enough to close schools and banks _and_ enough to realize how terribly unprepared Eugenian drivers are for this weather) As a result I felt the need to get a thicker blanket to team up with my existing blanket on my bed and get back to it. (After all, it was 6 am and I had nowhere to be until 8:30) Until I heard a buzzing sound. I made no mistake, I knew exactly what the buzz was, it didn't take a contractor's wife to figure it out, but.... WHY?!! Why, am I hearing the buzz at 6 am? I bundled up, and found my husband outside...working...in the snow....
Well, not
in the snow, he fashioned a covered work shop out of a pop up tent that we typically use for camping. (Maybe this experience will encourage him to get back on the building band wagon and build himself a shop ::crossing my fingers:: ) Either way, it was snowing and he was outside.

Cause baby when it's cold outside
you sand.

No comments:

Post a Comment