Big Girl Job

I was offered my very first big girl job several months ago with an entrepreneur I met while serving at a local Mexican restaurant, a job I've had for the past 2 years. I was excited to further my business experience and jumped at the opportunity to meet with him and see what he had for me. We met in October for a quasi-interview. I was surprised to get an e-mail from him after leaving our meeting that day asking if he could refer me to a friend who also needed help with his business. This was definitely the first job referral I've had by a person I had just interviewed with. I was excited, humbled and a little stressed out at the thought of juggling 4 jobs, full time school and our own business. It was easy to leave the restaurant I had been serving at and my decision was made for me to narrow the jobs to only 2. The guy that I had originally interviewed with, sort of fell off the face of the earth but the job he had referred me to is ending up to be the best job I could have imagined. I'm so blessed by this new opportunity and can't wait to see what's in store for me as the new office manager at Agate Alley Bistro.

No comments:

Post a Comment