What's Cookin'

I have been in a season of trying to be a better steward of my home. I'm trying to cut my work days a little short and pick up the slack around the house, like I used to. I threw together a dinner made up of mostly left overs, tonight that ended up being delish!
I've had some ginger in my fridge for some time now and we got a bag full of lemons that we've been trying to use before they go bad. I also cooked an entire chicken the other day to use throughout the week and have some carrots left in our garden. Add all of those up plus some other ingredients and what do you get? A seriously yummy stir fry.

Ingredients:

Sauce:
2 inch piece of ginger
3 stalks of celery
1/4 of a white onion
2 cloves of garlic
2 tbsp peanut oil
2 tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper
2 tsp red pepper flakes
Juice of 2 lemons/zest of one lemon

Stir fry:
Chicken
3 carrots
1 portobello mushroom
1/4 pound edamame
1/4 Jasmine Rice
2 cups Orzo
1 cup chopped raw/unsalted peanuts

Throw rice and edamame in steamer
Once the steamed ingredients are done set it aside
Put the rest of the ingredients in wok with 1/4 cup of water and a splash of olive oil
Once the veggies are softened throw in the rest of the ingredients, turn the heat down to low and let flavors infuse for about 15-20 mins

These portions are estimated, I don't normally measure when I'm cooking.

Enjoy!
I'm going to have seconds :)

No comments:

Post a Comment